Country: Central African Republic
As a Party to the UNFCCC, CAR has submitted a project to assist in the GCF readiness process and the resources obtained in this process will be used to increase the capacity of the GCF National Designated Authority (NDA) and to launch a process of strategic engagement with the GCF secretariat. In this context, Fokabs will:
• Capitalize on national and sub-regional strategic achievements in stakeholder engagement and fund implementation in the climate sector.
• Produce an inventory of national priorities in the fight against the effects of climate change based on extensive consultations with stakeholders (government agencies, National Climate Coordination, civil society, private sector, financial institutions, universities, media, implementing entities). etc., etc.) in the context of the environment, thereby encouraging the commitment of the environment.
• Propose, based on the baseline and in accordance with the GCF Investment Framework, the bases and areas of intervention of the FVC Country Program;
• Develop a Country Program Draft 0 taking into account the short, medium and long-term programmatic interventions of all accredited entities and ensure that they align with the Fund's areas of intervention.
• Review and analysis of policies and strategies: Gathering of documents to update data on Gambia's climate change policies and strategies, such as NAM, NAPA, National Climate Change Policy, Climate Change, and Climate Change. CDN, national communications and other relevant documents.
• Organize a validation workshop with relevant stakeholders to review and validate the draft report.
• Submit the NDA validated country program report.
• Prepare an end-of-assignment report outlining lessons learned from country program development and good practices on stakeholder engagement.
Duration: 04/2018 - 07/2018
Client: UNDP / GCF
UNFCCC Negotiations - SB48 / COP24
Countries: Burundi, Cameroon, DRC, Congo, Gabon, CAR, Rwanda, Chad, Equatorial Guinea, STP
The ten member States of COMIFAC actively participate in the UNFCCC negotiations. Experts from Fokabs will be supporting the ten States during UNFCCC 48th subsidiary body meeting and also prepare them prior to COP24 in Poland. Key areas to be covered include but are not limited to REDD+, adaptation, agriculture, rules book for the implementation of the Paris Agreement (APA agenda item 3 – 8), climate finance, article 6 related to cooperative approaches - Internationally Transferred Mitigation Outcomes (ITMO); sustainable development mechanism and non-market approach.
Duration: 04/2018 – 10/2018
Client: COMIFAC / GIZ
RRR Mid-term Review
Countries: Belize, Dominican Republic, Dominica, St. Lucia, Guyana, Panama, Liberia, Ghana, Cameroon, Gabon, Congo, DRC, Pakistan, Vietnam, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Mozambique, Vanuatu, Papua New Guinea, Fiji.
The Reporting for Results-based REDD+ (RRR+) is a three-year project (2017-2019) implemented by the Coalition for Rainforest Nations (CfRN) and the Climate and Development Knowledge Network (CDKN). The project aims at building capacity on the measurement of GHG reductions and carbon stock enhancement in the agriculture, forest and other land use (AFOLU) sector. The mid-term review (MTR) will be conducted in all the 21 countries where the RRR+ project is being implemented.
The MTR aims at:
- Providing an independent assessment of the extent to which the RRR+ project is performing against its results framework, the extent to which the project represents good value for the money and identify gaps or challenges for the remainder of the project.
- Analyzing the assumptions that underpin the project’s Theory of Change (ToC).
- Making recommendations for relevant stakeholders to take forward to support maximum delivery of results going forwards.
Duration: 09/2018 – 11/2018
Client: China Africa Advisory / PwC / NICFI