Countries: Cameroon, Liberia, Swaziland, Malawi
Prior to UNFCCC COP 21 in Paris, the African Climate Policy Center (ACPC) of the United Nations supported many African countries financially and technically in the development of their intended nationally determined contributions (INDC). Experts from FOKABS, together with other experts, were mobilised by the UN to support countries in the elaboration of their INDC documents. Specific contribution from FOKABS included:
- The design of a common African framework for elaborating INDC while taking into account both adaptation and mitigation contributions.
- Backstopping of national experts in the elaboration of the INDC document.
- Technical presentations and orientation on the land, forest and energy sectors.
- Contributing to the organisation of INDC inception and validation workshops.
- Drafting of some of the sections of the INDC document.
- Review of draft INDC documents.
Duration: 07/2015 – 10/2015