FOKABS’ mission is to contribute towards climate-resilient and low-carbon development solutions and lifestyles. FOKABS specializes in climate change services and products related to technology development and transfer, capacity building, project development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
We contribute to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and vulnerability to climate risks and impacts by engaging in the areas of nationally determined contributions (NDC), reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD+), clean development mechanism (CDM), renewable energy and energy efficiency, national appropriate mitigation actions (NAMA), carbon markets, national adaptation plans and strategies, climate finance and international negotiations under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
We’re looking for a Computer Engineer who likes to solve difficult problems related to climate change and carbon footprint offsetting and calculation.
- The Engineer must be great at designing and building large and complex (yet maintainable) systems in less than the time that most competent people think possible.
- Should have a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or the equivalent.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Top-notch communication skills are essential.
- Must be willing to relocate to Ottawa, Canada.
- Expect talented, motivated, intense and interesting co-workers.
Application Requirements and Additional Info:
This is an ECO Canada internship position.
Eligible interns must:
- Be 30 years of age or younger and a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
- Be a graduate of a post-secondary institution (i.e. college, university, or technical school)
- Be eligible for full-time employment (i.e. not returning to school)
- Be unemployed or underemployed (i.e. working part-time, on a short contract of less than 6 months, or working outside of your field of study
- Have not previously participated in a federal youth employment/education program (previous participants of summer employment programs are still eligible)
- Not already currently employed with the employer
- Not be a family member of the organization’s directors or senior officers
- Have the intention to obtain a permanent position in the environment industry
- Have the intention to earn a certified Environmental Professional in Training designation
To apply, an internship profile must be submitted and accepted through ECO Canada via the internship program for matching purposes: www.eco.ca/internship/internquiz
Send the following items to: email@example.com
- Cover letter outlining your interest in the position and career goals
- List of References and/or Reference Letters (minimum of 2)
Deadline: October 11, 2017.
Start Date: October, 2017
Only short-listed candidate will be contacted.