Capitalization of REDD+ initiatives in the national REDD+ strategy
Since 2014, one of the components of the National Community Driven Development Programme (PNDP) aims at reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD+) in view of contributing to the development and implementation of Cameroon’s national REDD+ Strategy. This is being realised through the implementation of five PNDP REDD+ pilot projects in selected municipalities. The objectives of these projects are not only to tests REDD+ strategic option, but they also have to stimulate local and regional development as well as promote the effective management of natural resources at the local level. The project components are structured around three aspects namely: support for the development and implementation of REDD+ projects; support to the national REDD + strategy; and coordination and management.
It is in this context that Fokabs will perform the following tasks:
• Review literature to better understand the broader objectives and results of the REDD+ component of the PNDP and each project.
• Conduct an in-depth analysis of the REDD+ processes put in place by the REDD + component of the PNDP and analysis of their alignment or adequacy with existing national procedures;
• Analyse and verify the level of requirements, national and international REDD+ standards in the framework of the pilot projects;
• Evaluate and identify the strengths and weaknesses of the tools developed by the project, the mechanisms used to lead component 1 of the projects;
• Evaluate potential changes or impacts of REDD + projects;
• Identify the elements that can be capitalized and the options for their valorisation or included in the framework of the national REDD + strategy;
• Propose recommendations for alternative measures that could contribute to the development of Cameroon's national REDD+ strategy;
• Propose a range of activities or actions needed to drive, to improve the overall impact of Component 1;
• Organize a briefing session to validate the results and lessons learned from the development of the REDD+ component and pilot projects to the communes.
Duration: 04/2018 - 06/2018
Client: MINEPAT (PNDP) / AFD