Strengthen capacities of African forestry stakeholders to respond to climate change
Countries: Francophone Africa
This assignment aims at conducting studies on capacity strengthening for African forestry stakeholders on integrating adaptation and mitigation options in different forests, tree resources outside forests and social systems in both Anglophone and Francophone Africa.
Specific tasks for this assignment:
- Identify key stakeholders implementing promising forest-based adaptation and mitigation policies, strategies and actions;
- Identify key stakeholders implementing promising on farm tree-based adaptation and mitigation activities in areas around the chosen forest type through Agroforestry and other farm-based management of natural resources (FMNR) approaches;
- Evaluate the determinants of choice of strategies in (i) and (ii) as well as success in both on addressing climate change and variability in the chosen forest and agroforest types;
- Evaluate the external environment, including policies, legislation and incentives that have facilitated implementation of these promising adaptation and mitigation activities in selected forest types and other land use based on trees outside forests; and
- Develop a framework for integrating forest and tree-based adapatation and mitigation options in the chosen forest/agroforest types.
Duration: 06 / 2019 – 09 / 2019
Client: African Forest Forum