Countries: Cameroon, DRC, CAR, Gabon, Congo, Equatorial Guinea
The main objective of this five-year project was to strengthen the capacities of the Congo Basin countries on REDD + issues so that they are better prepared for the implementation of REDD + and can benefit from it. for sustainable management of their forest ecosystems. To achieve the objectives of this project, three technical components and one cross-cutting component were defined:
- Improved knowledge and coordination of REDD+ in the Congo Basin.
- Strengthening the technical capacities for measuring and monitoring carbon stocks in the forests of the Congo Basin.
- Integration of the REDD+ concept in sustainable forest management projects.
- Project management.
The purpose of the final evaluation included:
- Evaluation of the extent to which the project has achieved its objectives;
- Consideration of the relevance of the project’s actions to the initial needs / expectations of the beneficiaries and the consideration of new needs;
- Identification of good practices and lessons learned;
- The overall assessment of the beneficiaries in relation to the initiative; and
- Proposal of recommendations for better beneficiary satisfaction in similar initiatives
Duration: 06 / 2018 – 07 / 2018