Country: Central African Republic
As a Party to the UNFCCC, CAR has submitted a project to assist in the GCF readiness process and the resources obtained in this process will be used to increase the capacity of the GCF National Designated Authority (NDA) and to launch a process of strategic engagement with the GCF secretariat. In this context, Fokabs will:
- Capitalize on national and sub-regional strategic achievements in stakeholder engagement and fund implementation in the climate sector.
- Produce an inventory of national priorities in the fight against the effects of climate change based on extensive consultations with stakeholders (government agencies, National Climate Coordination, civil society, private sector, financial institutions, universities, media, implementing entities). etc., etc.) in the context of the environment, thereby encouraging the commitment of the environment.
- Propose, based on the baseline and in accordance with the GCF Investment Framework, the bases and areas of intervention of the FVC Country Program;
- Develop a Country Program Draft 0 taking into account the short, medium and long-term programmatic interventions of all accredited entities and ensure that they align with the Fund’s areas of intervention.
- Review and analysis of policies and strategies: Gathering of documents to update data on Gambia’s climate change policies and strategies, such as NAM, NAPA, National Climate Change Policy, Climate Change, and Climate Change. CDN, national communications and other relevant documents.
- Organize a validation workshop with relevant stakeholders to review and validate the draft report.
- Submit the NDA validated country program report.
- Prepare an end-of-assignment report outlining lessons learned from country program development and good practices on stakeholder engagement.
Duration: 04/2018 – 07/2018
Client: UNDP / GCF