Fokabs is supporting the National Designated Authority (NDA) of the government of Cameroon in the Green Climate Fund Readiness process. Fokabs is hired to perform the following:
- Strengthen the capacities of the GCF focal point and actors on GCF procedures
- Help set up a coordination mechanism for Cameroon in accordance with GCF standards
- Train actors on accreditation procedures and support those who are willing to join the accreditation process
- contribute to the analysis of Cameroon’s needs and priorities on behalf of the GCF
- Ensure the development of the country program in accordance with the standards required by the GCF
- Provide technical support for the development of Cameroon concept notes for the GCF
- strengthen the capacity of the designated national authority to lead and coordinate the development of bankable projects and the formulation of a national strategic engagement framework for the GCF
- strengthen the capacity of governmental and non-governmental actors in climate finance, and thus stimulate stakeholder engagement for the GCF
- Provide intensive advice and support for the transfer of knowledge and skills to NDA staff through training, coaching, etc.
- Analyze the needs of the DNA and propose a plan for the development of human resources and capacity building
- Identify and conduct at least one training on climate finance, the impacts of development activities on carbon and climate and / or social and environmental safeguards;
- Analyze the needs for strengthening the institutional and regulatory framework and develop a capacity building plan related to the needs and requirements of climate finance
- Work closely with NDA, its team, IUCN and accredited agencies on GCF issues, including proposal preparation, involvement of the private sector, non-state actors and other stakeholders, GCF instruments, etc.
- Assist in the development of a communication plan on the GCF for Cameroon.
Duration: 05/2018 – 10/2018