Job opportunity: Business Development Intern [Closed]
Position : Business Development Intern
Number of positions : 2
Location : Yaounde – Cameroon and Ouagadougou – Burkina Faso
Application deadline : 22 August 2021
Starting date : 1 September 2021
The Business Development Department (BD) works to develop and execute strategies aimed at increasing the markets and profits of FOKABS. Facilitators in this department are called upon to identify profitable business opportunities, enter into solid business agreements and lead associates in business development. They play a key role in positioning strategies that build FOKABS brand, credibility, and the likelihood of winning new business. This department collaborate with other departments for effective proposal development and guides continuous refinement of internal processes to strengthen efficiencies and overall quality of the proposal development process.
FOKABS is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented Business Development Intern to work on identifying business growth opportunities and developing strategies to increase company sales. Responsibilities will focus on identifying FOKABS products and services that can find profitable niches in Cameroon and Burkina Faso. Successful candidate must be adept at negotiating business agreements and able to make informed decisions that will benefit the company. Have strong business acumen and demonstrate excellent management, communication, and analytical skills.
- Collaborate with FOKABS Managers to determine the most viable and profitable approaches to pursue new business opportunities.
- Contribute to carrying out market studies to identify new business opportunities.
- Contribute to developing and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders and clients.
- Contribute to analyzing client data and feedback to determine their satisfaction with FOKABS products and services.
- Contribute to providing insight into product development and competitive positioning.
- Contribute to analyzing financial data and develop strategies to reduce costs and increase profits.
- Contribute to developing and maintaining databases and systems of the BD department;
- Provide administrative and logistical support, including the organization of meetings and conference calls with potential partners, contractors, staff and within the business development team;
- Contribute to drafting documents and reports related to business development, including marketing one-pagers, statements of capacity, references, etc.
- Proven experience in the formal or informal sector working as a BD Agent, or similar role.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and management skills.
- Exceptional negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Effective communication skills in both French & English.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in management or business administration, finance, accounting, marketing or a related field.
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a university program in a relevant field;
- Applicants residing or attending schools in Yaoundé are preferred for Cameroon office.
- Relocation assistance cannot be provided.
How to apply:
Please visit Fokabs’ Career Opportunities page at www.fokabs.com/careers.
You can also send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the following format in the subject line: names, job title and location of
position you are applying for.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience and qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of Climate Change and Sustainable Development, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
FOKABS (www.fokabs.com) is a climate change and sustainability Advisory company, with a vision to build greener communities and a mission to advance climate-resilient and low-carbon development. We provide services mainly in developing countries to diverse international institutions such as the United Nation Agencies (UNDP, UNECA, UNIDO, UNOPS, UNEP, UN-Migration, UNFF, UNICEF), World Bank, Green Climate Fund (GCF), bilateral donors and national governments.
Fokabs is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply.