The objectives of this project are to:
- Develop and draft a project concept note and its annexes that meets all the requirements and standards of the targeted fund;
- Produce a national forest financing strategy (NFFS) for Benin taking into account views of the Government of Benin and stakeholder consultation;
- Undertake multi-stakeholder consultations especially with relevant ministries and agencies, potential accredited entities, implementing agency/entity, NGOs, local authorities, communities and the private sector to feed their input into the project design;
- Assist UNFF in conducting the capacity building and validation workshops for national forest financing strategy and project concept note;
- Combine proposal preparation with practical on-the-job training and coaching on project proposal formulation to the country team with particular emphasis on the requirements of the selected donor.
Duration: 03/2020 – 12/2022