UNDP through the NDC Support Programme supports the government of Togo in its preparation and more ambitious implementation of the Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) according to the country’s commitments to the Paris Agreement. The NDC support project in Togo aims at overcoming some challenges that are preventing the country to achieve its climatic ambition.
The objective of this project is to develop simplified tools for estimating greenhouse gases (GHGs) for the Agriculture, Forestry, and Other Land Use (AFOLU) sector of Togo’s NDC.
Fokabs’ role was to:
- Assess existing tools used in the AFOLU sector, highlighting their strengths and weaknesses.
- Design simplified GHG estimation tools for the AFOLU sector that cover data collection, analysis, dissemination, and data archiving.
- Organize a technical session to test the tools with the stakeholders.
- Prepare training modules based on the developed tools.
- Lead a training workshop for concerned actors.
Duration: 08/2021 – 11/2021