Countries: Burundi, Cameroon, DRC, Congo, Gabon, CAR, Rwanda, Chad, EG, STP
The objective of this assignment is to provide substantive support to COMIFAC and the governments of its ten member states in drafting a funding proposal for the Green Climate Fund. Specific tasks include:
- Preparation of background study on forests, SFM and forest policies in Central Africa;
- Draft a pre-feasibility study;
- Draft 2 project proposals to serve as both stand-alone projects and templates for full range of project proposals;
- Participate in meetings and multi-stakeholder consultations with donors, ministries, NGOs, private sector and other relevant stakeholders;
- Work in close collaboration with COMIFAC and governments of its member states, UNFF’s Secretariat and the recommended accredited entity to produce relevant outputs.
Duration: 11/2019 – 06/2020