The goal of this assignment is to support the development of pilot REDD+ projects in the South West Region of Cameroon. Specifically, full REDD+ feasibility studies for 4 different administrative councils (Bangem, Mundemba, Nguti & Toko) will be conducted and REDD+ project proposals (PDD) for each of the 4 councils shall be developed.
To achieve the stated goal, experts from Fokabs are performing the following tasks:
- Define the scope of the REDD+ project;
- Evaluation of the land uses and the geo-physical and ecological aspects of the target areas;
- Baseline establishment through detailed assessment of drivers of deforestation and degradation;
- Develop strategies to address the drivers of deforestation and forest degradation;
- Describe the elements of additionally within the context of each of the 4 proposed REDD+ projects;
- Baseline quantification and estimation of forest carbon stocks;
- Assess, identify and recommend Institutional arrangements;
- Reference levels for National Forest Monitoring system (NFMS) and MRV;
- Assess and conduct legal feasibility;
- Analysis potential conflicts and propose conflict management mechanisms;
- Conduct non permanence risk assessment;
- Develop funding proposals for the 4 councils as the optimal implementation zone.
Duration: 12/2017 – present
Client: WWF, GIZ / Eco-Consult