REDD+ Strategic Environmental & Social Assessment (SESA) Kick-off Workshop
Ouagadougou – Burkina Faso: From June 28 to 29, 2021, a workshop was held in the meeting room of the Hotel Royal Beach. The objective was to officially launch the activities of the strategic environmental and social assessment (SESA) of the National REDD+ strategy and other related studies (REDD+ Safeguard Information System and mechanisms for benefit sharing and conflict resolution). Specifically, this workshop:
- Presented the consortium team (Fokabs, Arbonaut and EAC) responsible for carrying out the SESA;
- Informed stakeholders about the national REDD+ SESA process, its objectives and its various deliverables as well as other related studies;
- Presented, amended and validated the report that analysed relevant stakeholders to be involved in the SESA process and in other related studies;
- Presented, amended and validated the work plan which includes the stakeholder consultation plan and finally;
- Received the overall recommendations of the participants on the inception report.
Seventy-eight (78) participants took part in this workshop and Fokabs presented the stakeholder analysis report and the consultation plan for the entire SESA process.