On 21-25 November 2016 the Parties of the Congo Basin Forest Partnership (CBFP) gathered in Kigali, Rwanda, for their 16th meeting. The meeting was organised around 5 thematic streams, namely: Forest management policies and land use planning; Conservation and sustainable use of wildlife resources, including fight against Poaching and wildlife trafficking; Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation; Sustainable economic development and the private sector; and Knowledge-Based Decision-Making.
Our contribution under the thematic session on climate change Adaptation and Mitigation included the review of the agenda, presentations as well as participation during expert panel discussions. We made five different presentations on:
- Analysis and operationalization of NDC in Central Africa and forest sector projects bearing relevance to NDCs.
- The role of adaptation in the INDCs of Central African countries.
- The place of agriculture in the INDCs of Central African countries.
- The architecture of international climate finance and Taking stock of existing climate change funding mechanisms.
- Non-carbon benefits of REDD+ implementation.
Duration: 11/2016 – 11/2016