The GEF-funded project has the objective to build and strengthen Liberia’s national capacity to implement the transparency elements of the Paris Climate Agreement. The project outcomes are:
- Procedures to measure, track and report mitigation and adaptation data from the land use, agriculture, energy, transport, and waste sectors are transparently strengthened.
- NDC transparency system is in place in accordance with the prescribed UNFCCC standard.
- Capacity of key ministries and stakeholders to effectively utilize the developed NDC transparency system are strengthened.
- Coordination among key government agencies on NDC implementation is enhanced.
- Capacity to measure and report land use, agriculture, energy, transport, and waste sectors NDC is improved.
- Fully developed data integration and sharing procedure for use by stakeholders is established as a one stop source of information for transparency reporting.
- Conduct a desk review of project documents based on an approved work plan.
- Undertake the evaluation of the project, including interviews and in- country site visits.
- Prepare a draft evaluation report following GEF project evaluation outline.
- Incorporate comments and prepare the final evaluation report.
Duration: 08/2021 – 12/2021
Client: Conservation International