WE ARE HIRING: Climate Finance & Green Investment Manager
We are looking for a Climate Finance and Green Investment Manager to support the expansion of the company’s services globally.
You will support the implementation of the new strategic goals of the company. This will require working very closely with FOKABS’ experts, partners and clients on climate change adaptation and mitigation issues across different sectors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination: Support the implementation of FOKABS’ five-year strategic plan;
- Engagement: Develop and strengthen relationships with clients across the globe;
- Capacity building: provide technical support during climate change trainings;
- Supervision: supervise interns and junior staff;
- Research: conduct research in the areas of adaptation, mitigation, renewable energy, NDC, climate finance and REDD+;
- Publications: Publish climate change reports and peer reviewed scientific articles;
- Business development: Develop high quality and innovative technical and financial proposals to bid for competitive funding opportunities;
- Project implementation: prepare, manage, implement and monitor project activities
- Review climate change and green investment proposals;
- Conduct pre-feasibility and feasibility studies for climate change projects;
- Conduct baseline studies and evaluations of donor-funded climate change projects;
- Travel up to 30% of the time;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Should have a Master’s degree in climate change, carbon management, environmental management, renewable energy, environmental sciences or related fields;
- 4 – 7 years experience in climate change or environmental sector;
- Experience in climate change adaptation and mitigation related activities;
- Experience in elaborating national climate strategy, plans or policy;
- Experience in writing successful technical and financial proposals;
- Experience in reviewing climate change projects;
- Ability to conduct statistical analysis;
- Experience in UNFCCC processes and negotiations will be an asset;
- Experience in peer-reviewed scientific publications;
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking;
- Experience in project management;
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams, actors and cultures;
- Experience in working in both French and English languages.
Deadline for Application: October 31, 2020
Starting date: December 1, 2020
Location: Ottawa, Canada
To apply send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.
Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Preference will be given to Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
FOKABS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to having a diverse workforce.