WE ARE HIRING: Economist (Intern) [Closed]
We are currently seeking an Economist (Intern). The successful applicant will work across several projects, with a focus on the economics of climate change adaptation, mitigation, renewable energy and natural resource management. The Economist will also be responsible for growing our client action business in the Central African region.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support the strategic development of climate economics work at Fokabs
- Support the development climate economics tools, modelling and conceptual frameworks
- Develop bankable project proposals together with our experts and consultants
- Support our team to streamline climate plans into national development strategies
- Create new business opportunities to grow Fokabs business in Central African Region
- Build new and enhance established client relationships in Central Africa Region
- Coordinate the offering process in terms of content and timeline
- Coordinate deliverables with our implementation team
- Understand client needs, gather market intelligence, and identify industry trends
- Provide inputs for the development of new tailor-made solutions.
- A Master’s degree in development economics, environmental economics, resource economics, or econometrics
- Entrepreneurial mindset, sense of responsibility and willingness to take initiative
- Knowledge in the field of natural resource or climate change is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written command of French
- Knowledge of English will be an asset
- Willingness to travel and on short notice
Deadline for Application: until position is filled
Starting date: As soon as possible
Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
To apply for this internship position, send one PDF file containing a cover letter, a list of two referees and your CV to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject heading should be: “Economist Intern”.